Pull Apart Christmas Tree
Pulling apart your Christmas tree has never been so fun. Especially when it consists of warm, savory balls filled with melting mozzarella. Also, for an even better flavored one we’ve glazed it with a delicious mix of melted butter, parmesan, and herbs. It was just: WOW!
Ingredients Needed for Pull Apart Christmas Tree
For the dough:
2.5 cups of flour
3 ounces of butter
3 ounces of sour cream
1 teaspoon milk
1 teaspoon dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
3 ounces of mozzarella
2 ounces of butter
½ cup parmesan, shredded
fresh rosemary leaves
How to Make Pull Apart Christmas Tree
- First, grab a large bowl and add the flour, butter, sour cream, and a pinch of salt. Add the milk, egg, dry yeast, and sugar. Mix everything with your hands until smooth and firm.
- Cover the bowl with a paper towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Next dust flour on your wooden surface and level the dough with a rolling pin, until 0.4 inches (1 cm) thick.
- Shape all of the dough into 2 inches (5 cm) thick balls. Slice the mozzarella into small cubes, around 0.4 inches (1 cm) thick. Insert 1 mozzarella cube inside each ball.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Arrange all of the balls in the shape of a Christmas tree, sticking them together.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 35 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the melted butter, parmesan, coriander, rosemary, and parsley in a bowl.
Use a brush and spread the mix over the Christmas tree after its done.