Calories: 448 kCal / serving
- 15 g
- 23 g
- 45 g
Ingredients Needed for Pull Apart Christmas Tree
For the dough:
2.5 cups of flour
3 ounces of butter
3 ounces of sour cream
1 teaspoon milk
1 teaspoon dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
3 ounces of mozzarella
2 ounces of butter
½ cup parmesan, shredded
fresh rosemary leaves
How to Make Pull Apart Christmas Tree
- First, grab a large bowl and add the flour, butter, sour cream, and a pinch of salt. Add the milk, egg, dry yeast, and sugar. Mix everything with your hands until smooth and firm.
- Cover the bowl with a paper towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Next dust flour on your wooden surface and level the dough with a rolling pin, until 0.4 inches (1 cm) thick.
- Shape all of the dough into 2 inches (5 cm) thick balls. Slice the mozzarella into small cubes, around 0.4 inches (1 cm) thick. Insert 1 mozzarella cube inside each ball.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Arrange all of the balls in the shape of a Christmas tree, sticking them together.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 35 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the melted butter, parmesan, coriander, rosemary, and parsley in a bowl.
Use a brush and spread the mix over the Christmas tree after its done.