Calories: 490 kCal / serving
- 16 g
- 35 g
- 28 g
Ingredients Needed for Puff Pastry Vienna Sausage Flowers
3 vienna sausages
6 ounces of puff pastry (3 circles 2-ounce each)
3 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, grated
fresh parsley, chopped (for garnishing)
How to Make Puff Pastry Vienna Sausage Flowers
- Skewer a sausage lengthwise through the middle and make parallel cuts until the knife reaches the skewer. We made 14 of them.
- Discard both ends of the sausage, then carefully bend it so that its ends touch each other.
- Place the bent sausage on a puff pastry disc. Fold the puff pastry’s margin and fit it into the sausage’s enlarged cuts using a toothpick.
- Fill the empty space in the middle of the bent sausage with 1 ounce of grated mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper. Follow these steps for the other 2 sausages, too.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, place the 3 sausage buns on it, and bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove from oven, add 1 yolk in the middle of each bun, and, again, bake for 5 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley.