Ingredients Needed for Puff Pastry, Sausage and Egg Casserole
3.5 ounces of bacon, cut into small pieces
½ cup flour
1 cup chicken stock
1 puff pastry, thawed
4 eggs, fried
0.5 ounce - cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Cook Puff Pastry, Sausage and Egg Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Cook the bacon and set it aside.
- In the remaining oil, add the flour and stir. Add the chicken stock and cook, mixing constantly, until you get a thick paste. Fold the puff pastry sheet to make a thicker one, press down on it with your hands, and then cut it into 1.5-2 inches (4-5 cm) strips. Twist each strip with your fingers.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok and deep fry the puff pastry twists until golden.
- You should make 20-15 twists.
- Put the pastry on the bottom of a ceramic baking dish.
- Cut the sausages into 1.2-inch (3 cm) pieces and throw them over the twists.
- Sprinkle the fried bacon over them.
- Pour the white sauce on top of the casserole.
- Top with the fried eggs, sprinkle some pepper and add the cheddar cheese.
- Bake the casserole for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!