Ingredients Needed for Puff Pastry Apple Tacos
10 ounces of puff pastry
flour for dusting
¼ cup melted butter
For the topping:
1 ounce butter
3 medium-sized apples, diced
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of whisky
melted chocolate for garnishing
How to Cook Puff Pastry Apple Tacos
- Portion the dough into equal parts, form them into balls. Dust some flour on the work surface and flatten the dough balls into circular little discs using a rolling pin.
- Turn a 6-cup muffin pan upside down and dust it with some flour. Fit the dough discs into 6 of the spaces formed by 2 inverted cups so that they resemble flared baskets.
- Cover each baskets’ interior with melted butter using a kitchen brush. Bake for 15 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Repeat the previous step until you finish all the puff pastry. You should make around 18 tacos.
- For the topping:
Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat, add the diced apple and maple syrup and mix.
- Add the whiskey and mix more. Cook and stir until the apple starts changing color.
- Fill the dough baskets with the cooked apple mixture. Serve them garnished with melted chocolate.