Ingredients Needed for Prune Cookies
3.5 ounces of prune
2 tablespoons of icing sugar
7 ounces of butter, room temperature
⅔ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 cup flour
10 ounces of puff pastry
¼ cup lemon juice
How to Make Prune Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Put the prunes in a bowl and sprinkle about one tablespoon of icing sugar on them. Set them aside for 30 minutes.
- Add the butter into the kitchen aid bowl and start processing it.
- Add the sugar gradually and continue to process, until you incorporate it all.
- Add the eggs gradually, while you continue mixing.
- Add the almond extract, lemon and lime zest.
- Stop the kitchen aid and sift the flour in the bowl. Process again until you get a thick and creamy batter. Set the batter aside.
- Flour your workspace and spread the puff pastry using a rolling pin, until you make a thin sheet. Remove its edges to form one square or rectangular puff pastry sheet.
- Lay a baking tray with parchment paper and add the puff pastry sheet.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and spread the batter in an even layer over the puff pastry sheet.
- Top with prunes and almond flakes. Embed the prunes into the batter just a little, using your fingers.
- Return it to the oven and bake it for 30 minutes at 320 degrees F/160 degrees C.
- Meanwhile, mix the icing sugar with lemon juice to get a glaze.
- Take the tray out of the oven, cut small cookies, let them cool a little and then glaze them again before serving.