1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 burger patty
2 shallots, halved
2 ounces of gruyère, 1 slice
1 tablespoon bourbon
1 burger bun
2 teaspoons of pesto sauce
4 arugulas leaves
1 tomato slice
2 prosciuttos slice
2 basil leaves
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the burger patty and season it with salt and pepper.
- Flip it over when browned. Add the shallots cut-side down and put a lid on for 2 minutes.
- Add the gruyere cheese over the burger and place the lid once again, for 1 more minute.
- Take out the burger patty. Then, pour a touch of bourbon to flambe the shallots and shake the skillet.
- Start assembling the burger. Evenly spread 2 teaspoons of pesto sauce on the bottom side of the bun.
- Top with arugula leaves, the burger patty, tomato, caramelized shallot, prosciutto, and basil.
- Close the burger with the top side of the bun.