Calories: 299 kCal / serving
- 27 g
- 13 g
- 15 g
Ingredients Needed for Prosciutto and Cheddar Turnovers
½ cup melted butter
3 eggs, whisked
2 cups of milk
1 ½ cups of flour
0.5 pastry, thawed
1 ½ cups of cheddar, shredded
9 prosciuttos, minced
How to Make Prosciutto and Cheddar Turnovers
- Preheat the oven to 380°F/190°C.
- Combine the melted butter with the whisked egg into a large bowl. Pour 1 cup of milk and add a pinch of salt. Continuously stir, and slowly add the flour.
- Spread the phyllo pastry on your working surface. Take one tablespoon of the butter mixture and spread it over the first phyllo pastry sheet. Fold it in two, starting from the upper side, towards yourself. Spread another tablespoon of mixture over it. Fold it again and spread a final tablespoon of butter mixture.
- On the left side of the phyllo pastry sheet, add 2 tablespoons of shredded Cheddar and 1 tablespoon of minced prosciutto. Start folding the phyllo from the bottom left corner towards the opposite end.
- Continue with the rest of the ingredients to make 8 more turnovers.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the turnovers. Slide them in the oven for the next 25 minutes.