Ingredients Needed for Pretzel-Crusted Chocolate Tart
5 ounces of pretzel
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
3 ounces of butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons of cornstarch
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
4 egg yolks
3 ounces of dark chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
How to Cook Pretzel-Crusted Chocolate Tart
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Add the pretzels in a plastic ziplock bag and crush them into small crumbs, then transfer them to a bowl.
- Add the brown sugar, and the melted butter. Combine everything.
- Transfer the pretzel mixture into a tart pan and press it against the bottom to shape a crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. When ready, remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Add the white sugar into a skillet and place it on stove, on low heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and stir using a whisk.
- Add the milk gradually and continue to whisk. Add the lemon juice.
- When it starts to simmer, add some more cornstarch. Whisk until the filling thickens.
- Add the yolks, the dark chocolate, and the vanilla extract.
- Whisk until the chocolate melts, then add the butter and whisk again.
- Fill the pretzel crust with this filling.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.