Ingredients Needed for Preserved Lemons
1 green chili
1 red chili
2 teaspoons of salt
4 bay leaves
How to Cook Preserved Lemons
- First slice the lemons in quarters.
- Thinly slice the chili peppers.
- Grab 2 jars, about 800 ml each.
- Add about 2-3 lemon quarters on the bottom of the jar. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt and add half of the sliced chilies.
- Add more lemon quarters. Press down on them to release some of the juices. Fill the jar with about half of the lemon quarters. Top with 2 bay leaves.
- Secure this jar, and repeat the steps for the second one.
- Keep the preserved lemons for 1-2 weeks in a cold place!