Potatoes and Onion Gratin
Are you looking for a better way to cook potatoes? Look no further than this potato and onion gratin dish. The red onion and bay leaves give it a distinct flavor profile, while the heavy cream adds more consistency to the potatoes. The grated parmesan pushes it that extra inch to perfection.
Ingredients Needed for Potatoes and Onion Gratin
1 red onion
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 garlic clove
½ cup heavy cream
3 bay leaves
2 ounces of parmesan
How to Make Potatoes and Onion Gratin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/220 degrees C.
- Slice the potatoes and cut rings of onion.
- Put the potato slices in a glass baking dish.
- Add the onion rings.
- Drizzle the onion with olive oil.
- Season it with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Crush the garlic and put it on the potatoes.
- Combine all the ingredients with your hands.
- Add the heavy cream and spread it all over them.
- Add the bay leaves.
- Bake the dish for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven.
- Grate some parmesan on it.
- Bake it for 5 more minutes.
- Before you eat it, you can sprinkle some fresh parsley.