Ingredients Needed for Potato, Meat and Mozzarella Pie
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
12 ounces of minced meat
1 teaspoon tarragon powder
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 cup canned tomatoes
2 bay leaves
3 large potatoes, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
½ cup parmesan, shredded
7 ounces of mozzarella, thinly sliced
1 spring onion, chopped
½ cup low moisture mozzarella, shredded
How to Make Potato, Meat and Mozzarella Pie
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and minced meat.
- Season with tarragon, paprika powder, chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook for 7-8 minutes and pour the canned tomatoes.
- Add the bay leaves and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Grab a round baking dish, around 12 inches (30 cm) diameter. Evenly spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce on the bottom. Lay half of the potato slices in an escargot pattern. Top with parmesan and parsley.
- Add a layer of meat. Top with mozzarella and spring onion. Lay another layer of potatoes and top with shredded mozzarella. Season with pepper.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake it for the next 50 minutes.