Ingredients Needed for Potato, Cauliflower and Celery Cream Soup
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced
½ small celery root, diced
1 large potato, cubed
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon lemon zest
3 cups of chicken stock
3 bay leaves
⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons of croutons for serving
more lemon zest for garnishing
How to Cook Potato, Cauliflower and Celery Cream Soup
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over low heat and add the onion and celery root. Cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Add the potato and stir for up to 1 minute. Add the cauliflower and chicken stock, season with cumin seeds, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the bay leaves, then cover with the lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, add the fresh parsley, and stir it in. Again, cover with the lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to the blender and blend until smooth. Serve with croutons and, optionally, garnish with lemon zest.