Ingredients Needed for Potato Cakes With Ham and Cheese Filling
For the potatoes:
4 medium potatoes, cooked and quartered
1 spring onion, chopped
For the bites:
5 ounces of feta cheese, cubed (8 cubes)
4 ounces of ham, each cut into 8 stripes
1 cup flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
How to Cook Potato Cakes With Ham and Cheese Filling
- Add the potatoes and spring onion to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mash using a hand masher. Set aside.
- Wrap each feta cube with two strips of ham. Set them aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of mashed potato mixture into a 1-2 inches high and 2-3 inches diameter cookie cutter. Press it, add the ham-wrapped feta core, then completely cover with more mashed potato mixture. We’ve got 8 cylindrical potato cakes.
- Add the flour and breadcrumbs each to one tray. Whisk the eggs and add them to a third tray.
- Cover the potato cakes with flour, whisked eggs, and finally with breadcrumbs. Bake for 30 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.