Ingredients Needed for Potato and Prosciutto Bake
½ teaspoon butter
6 prosciuttos slices
0.5 ounce - parmesan
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
1 ½ cups of milk
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon nutmeg
How to Cook Potato and Prosciutto Bake
- Start with the bechamel sauce.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat and start melting the butter. Add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 6-7 minutes, until it has a light, golden color.
- Separately, heat the milk in a pan, until just about to boil. Slowly add the hot milk to the butter mixture, whisking continuously until the mixture is very smooth, with no lumps.
- Cook for 10 more minutes, while constantly stirring, and then remove from the heat.
- Season the sauce with salt and nutmeg and leave it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Peel and slice the potatoes.
- Cut the prosciutto into small thin strips.
- Grease a baking dish (about 4 inches/10 cm diameter) with butter.
- Add a layer of potatoes, prosciutto, grate nutmeg, add bechamel.
- Continue with potatoes, prosciutto, nutmeg, and bechamel until you finish all the ingredients.
- Top the casserole with grated parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes then test the potatoes. If needed, bake more.