Potato and Onion Omelet
When you don’t have much in the fridge, but you’re hungry, make this potato and onion omelet. As you can imagine, you need potatoes, onion, and eggs. Parmesan is a plus! It takes less than 30 minutes and you’ll have a satisfying meal!
Ingredients Needed for Potato and Onion Omelet
1 onion, julienne sliced
2 potatoes, medium size
0.5 ounce - parmesan
How to Make Potato and Onion Omelet
- Slice the onion into julienne slices.
- Halve the potatoes lengthwise, then halve them again. Cut thin slices of potatoes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet.
- Add the onion and deep-fry it until translucent.
- Add the potatoes and fry them too.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- When the onion and potatoes are cooked through, take them out of the oil using a spaghetti spoon, and add them to the whisked eggs. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a skillet, on medium heat.
- Add the egg and potato mixture and spread it into an even layer.
- Cook the omelet for 2-3 minutes or so, then place a plate over the skillet and hold it with your hand, then turn over the skillet and transfer it to a plate. Return the omelet to the skillet, to cook it on the other side for 2-3 more minutes.
- Before serving the omelet, grate parmesan on top and garnish with chopped chives.