Ingredients Needed for Potato and Onion Omelet
1 onion, julienne sliced
2 potatoes, medium size
0.5 ounce - parmesan
How to Make Potato and Onion Omelet
- Slice the onion into julienne slices.
- Halve the potatoes lengthwise, then halve them again. Cut thin slices of potatoes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet.
- Add the onion and deep-fry it until translucent.
- Add the potatoes and fry them too.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- When the onion and potatoes are cooked through, take them out of the oil using a spaghetti spoon, and add them to the whisked eggs. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a skillet, on medium heat.
- Add the egg and potato mixture and spread it into an even layer.
- Cook the omelet for 2-3 minutes or so, then place a plate over the skillet and hold it with your hand, then turn over the skillet and transfer it to a plate. Return the omelet to the skillet, to cook it on the other side for 2-3 more minutes.
- Before serving the omelet, grate parmesan on top and garnish with chopped chives.