Ingredients Needed for Pork Tenderloin With Berry Sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
7 ounces of pork tenderloin
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 teaspoon butter
For the sauce:
4 tablespoons of redcurrant
4 tablespoons of raspberry
¼ cup red wine
2 tablespoons of honey
How to Cook Pork Tenderloin With Berry Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a cast-iron skillet. Add the pork tenderloin and season it with salt and pepper. Cook the meat on medium heat, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Place the skillet into the oven and cook the pork for another 25 minutes.
- Thinly slice the vegetables in strips.
- In a separate skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add the veggies, season them with salt and pepper, add the butter and cook them until soften, about 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: use a strainer and mash the red currants and then the raspberries, collecting all their juice in a bowl.
- Pour the juice in a saucepan and start cooking it on medium heat. After it starts to bubble, add the red wine. Mix well and sweeten the mixture with honey.
- Season it with salt and pepper. Lower the heat and cook the sauce until thickens.
- Slice the pork tenderloin and pour the berry sauce over it. Serve it alongside cooked vegetables.