Pork Rack With Kale and Potatoes
Before baking this rack of pork, score it, rub it with vinaigrette and crushed fennel seeds, add rosemary sprigs, then cover all with aluminum foil. All these preparations will let this fat pork parts borrow the flavors much better. Pair the meat with slightly crispy pan-cooked kale and baked potatoes. Better bake these guys together with the meat. You’ll see why.
Ingredients Needed for Pork Rack With Kale and Potatoes
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
2 tablespoons of vinegar
4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 pounds of pork rack
4 potatoes, quartered
4 ounces of kale leaves
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
How to Make Pork Rack With Kale and Potatoes
- Add the fennel seeds to a mortar and crush them. Set aside.
- Add the vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a small bowl and mix them. Set aside.
- Score the meat, then bind it with kitchen cord as the video shows.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette and rub both sides of the pork rack. Apply the fennel rub, then add rosemary sprigs.
- Salt the meat and transfer it to a baking pan. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 90 minutes at 400⁰F/190⁰C.
- Add the kale leaves on the work surface, remove and discard their midveins and chop them.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan and add the garlic. Stir in and season with salt. Add the kale and stir-cook for 2 minutes.