Ingredients Needed for Pork, Potato and Gorgonzola Casserole
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 pork chops s, bone-in
5 new potatoes, quartered
6 mushrooms, quartered
1 red onion, chopped
1 teaspoon dried thyme
3 tablespoons of tomato paste
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
3 ounces of gorgonzola
How to Cook Pork, Potato and Gorgonzola Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the pork chops and cook them for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden.
- Take them out of the skillet and add the potatoes in the remaining fat. Cook them stirring often, for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer the potatoes into a ceramic baking dish and top them with the pork chops.
- Add the mushrooms and red onion in between the potatoes and pork.
- Season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Place the tomato paste in a small bowl. Pour the balsamic vinegar and mix. Evenly spread the sauce in the baking dish.
- Bake it for the next 30 minutes!
- Serve it with gorgonzola and a touch of parsley.