Calories: 569 kCal / serving
- 33 g
- 22 g
- 58 g
Ingredients Needed for Pork Pie
1 cup flour
2 ounces of butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
¼ cup milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
1 pound pork mince
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon clove powder
¾ cup tomato sauce
3 potatoes, cubed
1 egg yolk, whisked
How to Make Pork Pie
- Add the flour, some salt, butter, egg, white wine vinegar, 2-3 tablespoons of cold water, and the milk to a bowl.
- Knead until you make a firm and non-sticky dough.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the onion until it softens.
- Add the pork mince and stir, cooking further until the meat bleaches. Season with salt, then add water to cover the meat. Let it simmer until the water reduces.
- Add the cinnamon, clove powder, and tomato sauce. Cook for 3-4 more minutes, then set aside.
- Boil the potato cubes, then mash them. Add the mashed potatoes to the meat mixture and stir.
- Flour your workspace and roll out the dough using a rolling pin. Grease a ceramic baking pan with butter.
- Add the pork mixture to the baking pan, then cover it with the dough sheet. Cut the excess edges of the dough, then coat the top with whisked yolk.
- Bake the pie for 30 minutes at 400˚F/200˚C.