21 ounces of pork neck
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
5 teaspoons of butter
1 apple, sliced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 red onion, diced
⅔ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon cognac
1 tablespoon white wine
rosemary, fresh leaves
9 broccoli florets, steamed
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and lay the pork neck in it. Season them with salt and pepper.
- After 4-5 minutes, when the bottom side starts to brown, turn over the meat.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of butter and continue to fry the pork for 4-5 more minutes, until it’s cooked through. Set it aside.
- Melt 2 teaspoons of butter in another skillet, on medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, add in the apple slices.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on the apple slices and stir until they caramelize. Set them aside.
- Melt 2 teaspoons of butter in another skillet and braise the red onion.
- Add the heavy cream, cognac, white wine, and fresh rosemary. Simmer it to make a thick sauce.
- Serve the pork steaks with caramelized apple, steamed broccoli, and white sauce.