Pork Neck With Caramelized Apples and White Sauce
If you like combining sweet and salty in the same dish, then make a pan-fried pork steak and caramelize a few apple slices. Add some broccoli on the same plate and drizzle everything with creamy sauce! We’re telling you, it’s delicious!
Ingredients Needed for Pork Neck With Caramelized Apples and White Sauce
21 ounces of pork neck
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
5 teaspoons of butter
1 apple, sliced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 red onion, diced
⅔ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon cognac
1 tablespoon white wine
rosemary, fresh leaves
9 broccoli florets, steamed
How to Make Pork Neck With Caramelized Apples and White Sauce
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and lay the pork neck in it. Season them with salt and pepper.
- After 4-5 minutes, when the bottom side starts to brown, turn over the meat.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of butter and continue to fry the pork for 4-5 more minutes, until it’s cooked through. Set it aside.
- Melt 2 teaspoons of butter in another skillet, on medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, add in the apple slices.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on the apple slices and stir until they caramelize. Set them aside.
- Melt 2 teaspoons of butter in another skillet and braise the red onion.
- Add the heavy cream, cognac, white wine, and fresh rosemary. Simmer it to make a thick sauce.
- Serve the pork steaks with caramelized apple, steamed broccoli, and white sauce.