Ingredients Needed for Pork Mince and Mashed Potato Casserole
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound pork mince
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 tablespoons of flour
1 cup beef stock
2 carrots, diced
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup milk
12 cherry tomatoes
How to Cook Pork Mince and Mashed Potato Casserole
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Peel and cut the potatoes. Add them to the boiling water and cook until fork tender (usually about 20 minutes).
- Move the potatoes into a separate bowl and add the butter and milk. Mash everything until smooth. Let the mashed potatoes aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Chop the onion. Heat a skillet and add the vegetable oil. Cook the onion for 2 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the pork mince and garlic. Mix everything throughly and cook until the pork mince turns a brown colour.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the flour and pour the beef stock over. Add the chopped parsley. Continue to cook the meat for about 6-8 minutes.
- Move the meat into a ceramic pie dish. Add the diced potatoes and carrots. Top everything with the mashed potatoes.
- Bake the casserole for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.