Pork Meatballs With Tomato Sauce
If you’re guessing these meatballs have a certain Asian touch, then you’re right. You’ll be using upgraded pork mince, one mixed with carrot, celery, bell pepper, and panko breadcrumbs. You’ll be serving these meatballs covered in a creamy mildly sweet tomato sauce. And what better side-dish for these guys than rice?
Ingredients Needed for Pork Meatballs With Tomato Sauce
1 onion, quartered
1 carrot, thickly sliced
1 celery stalk, thickly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, cubed
1 pound pork mince
½ teaspoon pepper
3 ounces panko
8 ounces canned tomatoes
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon sugar
How to Make Pork Meatballs With Tomato Sauce
- Add the onion, carrot, celery stalk, and bell pepper to a blender. Mash them.
- Add the pork mince, egg, and pepper. Mix until even using a spatula.
- Add the panko and mix.
- Start shaping meatballs from this mixture. We’ve ended up with 20 of them but your number may vary.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and transfer the meatballs on it.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 360ºF/180ºC.
- Add the canned tomatoes and garlic to a pot over low heat. Season with salt and pepper and add the water.
- Cook and stir until it starts to simmer, then add the sugar.
- Cook and stir for 2-3 more minutes, while seasoning with fresh basil.
- Serve the meatballs topped with this tomato sauce. You can serve them over rice.