Ingredients Needed for Pork Hock with Beans
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
2 pounds pork hock
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 onions, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 pounds canned beans
1 cup of water
1/2 cup tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
How to Cook Pork Hock with Beans
- Fill a medium pot halfway with water and heat it. Add 3-4 bay leaves, the peppercorns, and pork hock. Cover with the lid and cook for 50 minutes.
- Add the oil to a bigger pot and heat it over low-medium heat. Add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the red bell pepper and stir it in.
- Add the beans, water, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Stir them in and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a roomy baking dish. Place the cooked pork on top and season with thyme sprigs.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 40 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.