Ingredients Needed for Pork Haggis
12 ounces of pork sirloin
10 ounces of pork liver
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1 spring onion, chopped
7 ounces of pork heart
7 ounces of pork kidney
2 tablespoons of fresh dill, chopped
1 teaspoon allspice
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
How to Cook Pork Haggis
- Fill 2 saucepans halfway with water and place them over medium heat. Add a pinch of salt into the water.
- Add the sirloin and the organs (liver, heart, and kidney) in four different saucepans. Cook them for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a third saucepan over medium heat and fill it halfway with water.
- Cook 3 eggs for 10 minutes. When they’re ready, peel them and lay them in a large bowl.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, and spring onion. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Take out the boiled meat, including the organs.
- Chop the meat thinly using a sharp knife. Move it in a large bowl.
- Add the onion mixture, remaining eggs, dill, all spice, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a loaf tin with butter.
- Add half of the pork mixture. Add the boiled eggs on top of the mixture, and finish it with the remaining mixture.
- Spread egg wash on top with a brush. If you don’t know how to make eggwash, here is a quick recipe!
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 50 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C!