Ingredients Needed for Pork Belly With Apple Cider Gravy
2 pounds of pork belly
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup beer
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup cider
1 cup apple juice
⅔ cup heavy cream
¼ cup cognac
How to Cook Pork Belly With Apple Cider Gravy
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Use a knife and make superficial cuts on the fat side of the pork belly.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the pork belly skin side down. Cook it for about 5 minutes per side. When ready, place it skin side up into an oven tray. Season it with chili flakes, fresh thyme, salt and pepper. Pour the beer over it and drizzle with honey. Cook the pork belly for the next hour.
- In order to make the sauce, heat a skillet on medium heat. Add the cider and the apple juice and let them bubble for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the heavy cream and give everything a good stir. Let the mixture gently simmer. Add pepper and cognac.
- Leave the sauce on low heat for the next 5 minutes, until smooth and creamy. Remove from the heat.
- Serve the pork belly with the apple cider gravy.