Ingredients Needed for Pork Belly on Caramelized Pears
1 pound pork belly, thin slices
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 ounces of butter
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
⅔ cup water
1 pear, slices
1 tablespoon brown sugar
¼ cup cognac
How to Make Pork Belly on Caramelized Pears
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and add the pork belly slices.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Stir and add 1/2 teaspoon of butter.
- When the pork belly pieces start to cook, add the soy sauce.
- Stir, cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the water. Cook until the pork belly is cooked through and the sauce reduces.
- Take another skillet and melt the remaining butter on high heat.
- Add the pear slices, brown sugar, and cognac.
- When the liquid starts to simmer, light it using a long barbecue lighter. Light the pan right away so the pears don’t absorb all the alcohol.
- If you’re using a gas stove, remove the pan from the heat before you add the alcohol!
- Cook for 1 more minute, then set aside.
- Serve the pork belly with the caramelized pears.