Pork Belly on Caramelized Pears
A well-done pork belly should be so soft that it melts in your mouth. And so is our glazed pork belly with caramelized pears. Did we just say caramelized pears? Oh, you should totally try them alongside pork!
Ingredients Needed for Pork Belly on Caramelized Pears
1 pound pork belly, thin slices
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 ounces of butter
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
⅔ cup water
1 pear, slices
1 tablespoon brown sugar
¼ cup cognac
How to Make Pork Belly on Caramelized Pears
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and add the pork belly slices.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Stir and add 1/2 teaspoon of butter.
- When the pork belly pieces start to cook, add the soy sauce.
- Stir, cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the water. Cook until the pork belly is cooked through and the sauce reduces.
- Take another skillet and melt the remaining butter on high heat.
- Add the pear slices, brown sugar, and cognac.
- When the liquid starts to simmer, light it using a long barbecue lighter. Light the pan right away so the pears don’t absorb all the alcohol.
- If you’re using a gas stove, remove the pan from the heat before you add the alcohol!
- Cook for 1 more minute, then set aside.
- Serve the pork belly with the caramelized pears.