Ingredients Needed for Pork and Onion Tortilla Casserole
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, shredded
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon brown sugar
12 ounces of pork
4 tortilla wraps
½ cup mozzarella
How to Make Pork and Onion Tortilla Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Slice the bell pepper and dice the mushrooms.
- Shred the onion and throw it in a heated cast-iron skillet, along with the oil and brown sugar. Cook it until it’s caramelized, a golden brown color.
- Heat another cast-iron skillet to a high temperature, with some oil. Add the diced pork and sprinkle salt and pepper over it. Fry it and stir it until it turns golden brown.
- Add the caramelized onion on top.
- Put a tortilla wrap on the bottom of a saucepan. Add a layer of pork – you will need three in total.
- Top the pork with layers of mushrooms, mozzarella, bell pepper, and another tortilla wrap. Repeat the layers two more times.
- Top everything off with another layer of tortilla wrap.
- Cook in the oven for 25 minutes.