Ingredients Needed for Pork and Mushroom Pie
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
½ medium leek, sliced
1 pound pork mince
¼ cup water
4 ounces of mushrooms, diced
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
7 ounces of puff pastry
egg wash (from 1 egg)
How to Make Pork and Mushroom Pie
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a deep fry pan over low heat. Add the leek. Cook and stir until softened.
- Add the pork mince and turn the heat to medium. Break it into pieces. Cook and occasionally stir until browned.
- Add the water, season with salt and pepper and stir in. Cook for 15 minutes while occasionally stirring. Remove from heat.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the mushrooms. Cook and stir until golden brown.
- Transfer them to the cooked mince pan. Add the parsley, eggs, and breadcrumbs. Mix all until even.
- Cut the pastry sheet into two equal square pieces. Line the bottom of a square 8-inch cake pan with one of them. Fill it with the pork mince mixture, then fit on top the other square of pastry.
- Coat with the egg wash and poke holes using a fork. Bake for 45 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.