Ingredients Needed for Poached Eggs With Couscous and Asparagus
4 teaspoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
25-30 asparagus stalks
10 ounces couscous
4 teaspoons vinegar
4 egg yolks
⅓ cup melted butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
How to Cook Poached Eggs With Couscous and Asparagus
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a pan over low heat and add the garlic. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the asparagus, cover with the lid, and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the couscous to a stainless steel mixing bowl, pour 1/2 cup of water over it and shortly mix using your hands to infuse the grains. Set aside for 5 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- Fill a cooking pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
- Place the couscous bowl on top, season with salt, and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Cook and stir for 10-12 minutes.
- Fill a pot halfway with water, add 2 teaspoons of vinegar, and poach the 4 eggs. Set them aside.
- Fill a pot halfway with water and bring it to a simmer. Place a heat-proof bowl on top and add the egg yolks. Beat them using a whisk while bain-marie them.
- Add the remaining vinegar and whisk it in. Do the same with the melted butter. Season with salt and pepper in the process.
- Remove the bowl from the bain-marie, add the lemon juice and whisk it in.
- Serve the couscous on a bed of asparagus, top with poached eggs, and season with yolk sauce.