Ingredients Needed for Poached Egg With Vegetable Skillet
For the vegetable skillet:
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
1 sweet potato, cubed
1 tablespoon red chili
½ cup water
4 ounces of Brussels sprout, halved
2 ounces of red grapes
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
For the sauce:
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 fresh oregano sprig
For the poached egg:
fresh parsley for garnishing
How to Make Poached Egg With Vegetable Skillet
- For the vegetable skillet:Add the coconut oil, onion, and ginger to a skillet over low heat. Cook and stir until onion starts getting tender.
- Add the sweet potato, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the red chili and water, then cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add the Brussels sprouts, grapes, and fresh parsley. Cook for 1 minute more and remove from heat.
- For the sauce:Add the yolks to a bowl and start whisking as you add the lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Now, bain-marie the yolk-lemon juice mixture: transfer the yolk-lemon juice mixture to a heat-proof bowl if you were not already using one. Fill a slightly smaller pot halfway with water and bring it to a gentle boil over medium heat. Place the larger bowl on top and cook while whisking until the mixture starts thickening. Also, add the oregano and season with salt and pepper in the process. Remove from heat.
- For the poached egg:Fill a pot halfway with water and bring it to a gentle boil. Add the egg and cook it until the yolk whitens.
- Serve the vegetable hash and poached egg topped with sauce and garnished with fresh parsley.