Ingredients Needed for Poached Egg in Tomato Sauce
1 red onion
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons of tomato sauce
9 ounces of canned tomatoes
½ tablespoon sugar
¼ cup mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Poached Egg in Tomato Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Chop the onion. Sprinkle the sliced garlic with salt and crush it with a knife.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Season with chili flakes and add the canned tomatoes. Bring to a boil and season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Cook until the liquid evaporates and the mixture reduces by half.
- Pour the tomato sauce into 2 separate ramekins. Use a spoon to make room in the middle for the eggs. Crack the eggs in the middle of the ramekins. Top it with shredded mozzarella.
- Place the ramekins in the oven for the next 10 minutes.