Ingredients Needed for Pizza Wreaths With Hot Mayonnaise Sauce
For the wreaths:
flour for dusting
2 pounds of pizza dough
3 tablespoons of pesto sauce
3 tablespoons of tomato basil sauce
3 tablespoons of pizza sauce
½ cup cheddar, grated
½ cup parmesan, grated
½ cup low moisture mozzarella, grated
6 ounces of pepperoni, sliced
For the egg wash:
1 tablespoon milk
For the sauce:
⅓ cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons of tabasco
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Pizza Wreaths With Hot Mayonnaise Sauce
- For the wreaths:
Dust the work surface with flour and portion the dough into 3 lumps. Flatten them using a rolling pin.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the pizza doughs on it.
- Make radial cuts from the center of each pizza crust using a pizza cutter. Stop just before you reach the edge of the crusts. Start adding the ingredients.
- For the pesto wreath:
Add the pesto along the edge of the first pizza crust. Top the pesto with the Cheddar, then top it with 2 ounces of pepperoni.
- For the tomato and basil wreath:
Add the tomato sauce along the edge of the second pizza crust. Top the tomato sauce with the parmesan, then add 2 ounces of pepperoni over it.
- For the pizza sauce wreath:
Add the pizza sauce along the edge of the third pizza crust. Top the pizza sauce with the mozzarella, then add 2 ounces of pepperoni on top.
- For each pizza crust, take the tips of the triangles formed when making the radial cuts and fold them toward the edge. Tuck them under to seal.
- For the egg wash:
Add the egg and milk to a smaller bowl and mix them.
- Coat the folded triangles formed on the upper part of the wreaths with egg wash using a brush. Bake for 25 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- For the sauce:
Add the mayonnaise, Tabasco, and fresh parsley to a smaller bowl and mix them.