Calories: 411 kCal / serving
- 31 g
- 11 g
- 49 g
Ingredients Needed for Pizza Calzone With Ham and Mozzarella
flour for dusting
8 ounces of pizza dough
½ cup tomato paste
½ medium red onion, chopped
3 ounces of ham (2 slices, diced)
½ cup low moisture mozzarella, shredded
5 ounces of fresh mozzarella (perline)
10 fresh basil leaveses
1 egg, whisked
1 spring onion, chopped (for garnishing)
How to Make Pizza Calzone With Ham and Mozzarella
- Dust the work surface with flour and flatten the pizza dough using the rolling pin.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the pizza dough on it.
- Coat half of the pizza dough with 1/2 cup tomato paste, add on top the red onion, half of all the ham, and the grated low-moisture mozzarella.
- Roll once the dough half with the ingredients, taking care to wrap them completely and leave the other half free.
- Continue by rolling once approximately 0.5 – 1 inch from the dough’s flat part edge. Press it gently so that it forms a thicker rim.
- Coat the dough’s flat half with the remaining tomato paste. Add the remaining ham, place the mozzarella balls, then spread the basil leaves on top.
- Coat the dough with whisked egg. Bake the pizza for 25 minutes at 440⁰F/225⁰C.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped spring onion.