Calories: 905 kCal / serving
- 100 g
- 20 g
- 70 g
Ingredients Needed for Pistachio Cream-Filled Eclairs
For the eclair dough:
1 cup milk
½ cup water
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon salt
5 ounces of butter
7 ounces of flour
For the biscuits:
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
7 ounces of butter
For the pistachio cream:
1 cup flour
1 cup powdered sugar
3 cups of milk
4 ounces of pistachio paste
5 ounces of whipped cream
4 figs, thinly sliced
How to Make Pistachio Cream-Filled Eclairs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Heat a saucepan over low heat. Add the milk, water, sugar, and salt.
- Add the butter, and slowly mix with a spatula, so it can melt and be absorbed into the liquid.
- After it is melted, add the flour and incorporate it into the liquid. Stir, until you obtain a dry, golden dough. When it’s ready, add it in a mixer bowl.
- Crack the eggs in a large bowl, whisk, and pour them into the mixer bowl. Turn on your mixer and mix for 3-4 minutes, until smooth. Add the dough into a piping bag.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Pour the dough with the piping bag in about 3 inches (7.5 cm) long eclairs. Use all of the dough to make as many eclairs as you can.
- To make the biscuits: add all the ingredients in a mixer bowl and mix until you get a smooth dough, with the aspect of breadcrumbs.
- Place the dough over a wooden board and press it with a wooden board. It should be around 0.2 inch (0.5 cm) thick. Score with a knife and make rectangular biscuits. They should have the length and width of the eclairs.
- Add each biscuit over 1 eclair.
- Slide them into the oven for the next 30 minutes.
- To make the pistachio cream: add the eggs, 1 1/2 cups of milk, and powdered sugar, in a bowl. Mix until you get a smooth mixture.
- Heat the remaining milk into a saucepan over low heat. Sift the egg and milk mixture and add it into the pan. Add the pistachio paste and whisk for a few minutes until you get a smooth, thick cream. Refrigerate the paste for 1 hour.
- After you take the pistachio cream out of the fridge, incorporate the whipped cream. Add the mixture it into a piping bag.
- Slice the eclairs through the middle and fill them with the pistachio cream. Top it with a few slices of figs and close the eclairs.
- You can serve the eclairs with powdered sugar on top!