Ingredients Needed for Pike Soup
1 pike, cut into 4-5 pieces
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 medium carrots, diced
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
1 small celery root, diced
2 medium potatoes, cubed
1 chili, chopped
2 cups of canned tomatoes
½ cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
½ cup parsley, chopped
How to Cook Pike Soup
- Fill a saucepan halfway with water, heat it over low heat, salt it and add the pike. Seet to it that there is just enough water to cover the fish. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the tomato paste and stir it in. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the cooked pieces of fish on a plate. Remove and discard the skin and bones. Shred the meat and transfer it to a bowl. Set aside.
- Transfer the onion and tomato paste mixture to the same pot where you poached the fish. We are using the poaching liquid.
- Add the carrot, bell pepper, celery, potato, and chili. Season with salt and pepper, cover with the lid and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the shredded cooked pike, canned tomatoes, and anchovies. Stir in and bring to a boil.
- Add the lemon juice, white wine vinegar, tarragon, and parsley. Stir in, then remove from heat.