Ingredients Needed for Pickled Red Ruffled Pimientos
3 pounds of red ruffled pimiento
1 cauliflower head
5 cups of water
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of salt
3 bay leaves
1 tablespoon black peppercorn
2 teaspoons of mustard seeds
How to Cook Pickled Red Ruffled Pimientos
- First clean the pimientos of all the seeds and cut the bell peppers into strips about 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide and 2 inches (5 cm) long.
- Slice the cauliflower into smaller florets.
- Add the water in a saucepan over medium heat and bring it to a boil. Add sugar, salt, bay leaves, peppercorns, and stir. Add the sliced pimientos and cauliflower and boil them for about 5 minutes.
- Take them out and add them into 3 jars, around 800 ml each.
- Top with mustard seeds. Keep them for about 3-4 weeks in a cold place.