Ingredients Needed for Pickled Green Tomatoes and Watermelon
1 – 1 1/2 liters boiled water
2/3 cup vinegar
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar
6 green tomatoes
2 carrots, sliced
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1 small watermelon
1 red onion, sliced
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
How to Cook Pickled Green Tomatoes and Watermelon
- Add the boiled water to a 2-liter measuring cup.
- Stir in the vinegar, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- Pack a clean 2-liter seal jar with the green tomatoes and the watermelon, interspersed with the sliced carrots, the peppercorns, onion, and mustard seeds.
- Fill the jar with the warm brine and seal it.
- Store for 2 weeks in a cool dark place.