Ingredients Needed for Philippine Adobo
2 pounds of chicken legs, pieces
1 tablespoon soy sauce
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ tablespoons sugar
½ cup of water
2 tablespoons vinegar
How to Cook Philippine Adobo
- Add the chicken legs to a bowl. Drizzle with the soy sauce, add the minced garlic, and season with salt.
- Mix to cover them entirely using your hands. Let it marinate for 1 hour at least.
- Heat 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, then add the chicken legs.
- Fry for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the sugar, add the water and vinegar and throw in a few bay leaves. Also season with peppercorns (one tablespoon, or so).
- Cover with the lid and cook for 30-45 minutes. You can also add more water if needed.
- Serve over rice, garnished with chili pepper and fresh parsley.