Ingredients Needed for Pepperoni and Mozzarella Pastry Pops
½ puff pastry sheet
3.5 ounces of mozzarella
12 pepperonis slices
4 tablespoons of tomato sauce
1 egg, whisked
2 tablespoons of parmesan, shredded
vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Pepperoni and Mozzarella Pastry Pops
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Cut the mozzarella into 4 sticks. Slice the puff pastry sheet in 4 inch (10 cm) squares.
- Top 1 pastry square with 1 mozzarella stick, 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce, and 3 pepperoni slices. Add 1 wooden stick for the pop-like look. Top with another pastry square and press the sides with a fork to secure the mixture.
- Repeat the steps until you’ve finished the pastry.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Crack the egg and whisk it. Add the pastries into the tray and brush them with whisked egg. Top the pastries with oregano and shredded parmesan.
- Bake them for the next 25 minutes and serve!