Pepperoni and Mozzarella Muffins
You’re probably used to muffins as a delicious dessert, but why limit yourself and the use of your muffin tin? These Italian-inspired muffins are a great starter or snack for a party. They’re topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella, olives, and pepperoni and share more than a little of their DNA with pizza.
Ingredients Needed for Pepperoni and Mozzarella Muffins
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon baking powder
⅓ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup milk
6 teaspoons of tomato sauce
5 olives, without pit, thinly sliced
⅓ cup mozzarella, shredded
6 pepperonis slices, sliced in halves
How to Make Pepperoni and Mozzarella Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Use a large bowl and add the flour, basil, oregano, baking powder and mix them.
- Separately, add the sugar in a bowl, along with the eggs, and vanilla extract, mixing everything together. Add the flour and milk and whisk again to combine the ingredients into a smooth mixture.
- Use a 6-cup muffin tray and fill the empty slots with muffin wrappers.
- Fill each muffin wrapper with 1-2 tablespoons of mixture.
- Lay the tray into the oven and bake the muffins for 20 minutes.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of tomato sauce over each muffin. Top them with a few olive slices, shredded mozzarella, and 1 slice of salami.
- Bake the muffins again, for 15 minutes.
- You can serve them either warm or cold!