Penne Broccoli Al Forno
So, broccoli gives you a hard time? Try incorporating it in as many delicious dishes as possible. Tuck the broccoli in a nice, creamy sauce and cook it into the oven with some penne, covered with a generous amount of shredded mozzarella. Al Forno pasta, here we come!
Ingredients Needed for Penne Broccoli Al Forno
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
5 ounces of penne
1 thyme sprig
8 ounces of broccoli
2 teaspoons of butter
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
½ cup flour
1 cup chicken stock
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
How to Make Penne Broccoli Al Forno
- Fill a saucepan halfway with water and place it over medium heat. Add a pinch of salt and a small drizzle of oil. Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the penne along with the thyme sprig.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Add the broccoli in a large bowl and cover them with hot water. Leave it aside for 5 minutes.
- Next, heat a skillet over low heat, add the butter in it and melt it. Add the garlic and slowly start pouring the flour.
- Pour the chicken stock and slowly whisk with circular moves, until the flour is absorbed by the liquid and you obtain a smooth, creamy sauce.
- Add the broccoli and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Move the pasta into a glass baking dish and top with the shredded mozzarella and breadcrumbs. Drizzle the remaining vegetable oil.
- Slide the dish into the oven and bake it for the next 25 minutes at 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.