Ingredients Needed for Penne Alla Norma
5 ounces of whole wheat penne
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ eggplant, small dices
¼ cup water
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup tomato sauce
2 ounces of ricotta
How to Cook Penne Alla Norma
- Fill a saucepan halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the penne and cook them according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and eggplant.
- Season with salt, pepper, and pour the water.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes to soften the eggplant.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Give it a stir and add the drained penne.
- Leave everything on heat for 1-2 more minutes. Serve with some topped ricotta.