Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Shortbread cookies are some of our favorites! Their crunchy texture and buttery flavor make them really popular, but adding some pecan nuts into the mix takes things to a whole new level. Make sure you bake plenty of these because they will run out in no time!
Ingredients Needed for Pecan Shortbread Cookies
3 cups of pecan nuts
7 ounces of butter
¼ cup of sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
10 ounces flour
How to Make Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Lay 2 cups of pecans on it.
- Roast the pecans for the next 10 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Move the pecans in a blender and crush them.
- Add the butter in a large bowl. Add the sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix everything until the sugar is absorbed by the butter.
- Add the flour and mix everything with a spatula. Add the crushed pecans and mix again. Move the dough in a large bowl and cover it with foil.
- Refrigerate for the next 60 minutes.
- Shape the mixture into 1.5 (4 cm) thick balls and press them lightly to obtain the cookie shape.
- USe the remaining pecan nuts and add 1 of them in the middle of each cookie.
How much flour?!
Sorry, Ana! 10 ounces of flour will work. Thanks for spotting it! 😁🎈