Ingredients Needed for Pecan Shortbread Cookies
3 cups of pecan nuts
7 ounces of butter
¼ cup of sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
10 ounces flour
How to Cook Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Lay 2 cups of pecans on it.
- Roast the pecans for the next 10 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Move the pecans in a blender and crush them.
- Add the butter in a large bowl. Add the sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix everything until the sugar is absorbed by the butter.
- Add the flour and mix everything with a spatula. Add the crushed pecans and mix again. Move the dough in a large bowl and cover it with foil.
- Refrigerate for the next 60 minutes.
- Shape the mixture into 1.5 (4 cm) thick balls and press them lightly to obtain the cookie shape.
- USe the remaining pecan nuts and add 1 of them in the middle of each cookie.