Ingredients Needed for Peanut Chocolate Cheesecake With Meringues
For the base:
4 ounces of biscuits, crushed
⅓ cup melted butter
For the filling:
1 cup cream cheese
1 ½ cups of sour cream
⅔ cup sugar
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups of melted dark chocolate
⅔ cup peanuts
For the topping:
⅔ cup melted dark chocolate
1 snickers bar (crumbled)
3 ounces of meringues for garnishing (8 - 9 meringues)
How to Cook Peanut Chocolate Cheesecake With Meringues
- For the base:
Add the crushed biscuits and melted butter to a bowl. Mix them until even.
- Transfer the mixture to a springform cake pan. Spread it evenly, then press it gently using a rubber spatula. Set aside.
- For the filling:
Add the cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla extract to a bowl. Mix until smooth using a spatula and then a hand mixer.
- Transfer some 1/2 from the cream cheese mixture to another bowl. Add 1 cup of melted chocolate and mix until even. Set aside.
- Add the remaining cup of melted chocolate to a bowl and mix the peanuts in.
- Pour the chocolate and peanut mixture into the pan over the crushed biscuit base. Spread it evenly.
- Alternately pour the cream cheese mixture and the cream cheese – chocolate mixture over the peanut chocolate layer. Do this so that they form a two-colored circular pattern.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 300⁰F/150⁰C.
- For the topping:
Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place a rack on top of it. Place the baked cake on the rack.
- Glaze the cake with melted chocolate and garnish it with crumbled Snickers and meringues.