Ingredients Needed for Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal Bars
1 banana, mashed
1 teaspoon honey
1 ½ cups of milk
1 cup peanut butter
2 ½ cups of oat flakes
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
For the peanut butter glaze:
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
¼ cup maple syrup
How to Make Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal Bars
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F/170 degrees C.
- Add the mashed banana, honey, eggs, milk, and peanut butter in a large bowl. Whisk everything until smooth.
- Add the oat flakes in a large bowl. Add the cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Mix with a spoon.
- Slowly start pouring the wet mixture over the dry mixture stirring in the process.
- Spray a bit of olive oil in a glass baking dish using a cooking spray.
- Slide the dish into the oven and bake it for the next 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can prepare the peanut butter glaze. Whisk the peanut butter and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Serve it with topped peanut butter glaze and sliced banana.