Ingredients Needed for Pea and Carrot Soup 2 carrots, sliced 1 red onion 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup orange juice salt pepper soup : 2 cups of peas 2 cups of vegetable stock 1 spring onion, chopped 1 tablespoon olive oil salt ½ lemon 3 mint leaves heavy cream spring onion ½ red chili, thinly sliced
How to Cook Pea and Carrot Soup
- Start with the carrot soup: heat a saucepan over medium heat and fill about half of it with water.
- Add the carrot, onion, and potato. Pour the olive oil and orange juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer it for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can prepare the pea soup.
- Heat another saucepan over medium heat, add the vegetable stock and bring it to a boil. Add peas and spring onion. Pour the olive oil, season with salt, squeeze the juice out of half a lemon, and add mint leaves. Simmer it for 2-3 minutes.
- Move the soup into a blender and blend it until smooth.
- Do the same for the carrot soup. Add around 1-2 ladles of liquid to make it smooth and creamy.
- To serve it, add half a cup of each soup into a bowl and add a touch of heavy cream on top!