Ingredients Needed for Pastry-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
10 ounces of pork tenderloin
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of mustard
1 teaspoon honey
3.5 ounces of puff pastry
1 tablespoon milk
How to Cook Pastry-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F/170 degrees C.
- Place the pork tenderloin on a wooden board.
- Season it with salt on all sides.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the pork and cook it for 5-6 minutes, turning it from time to time. Set it aside.
- Mix the mustard with honey.
- Dust your working space with flour and level the pastry with a rolling pin.
- Evenly spread the mustard and honey mixture over the pork meat.
- Wrap the pork in puff pastry, fully covering it. Slice off the excess pastry.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the pork on it.
- Whisk the egg with milk and make some egg wash. Spread egg wash over the pastry-wrapped pork tenderloin using a silicone brush.
- Superficially score the pastry on top.
- Place your meat thermometer inside the pork tenderloin.
- Transfer to the oven and roast it until the thermometer shows 180°F-200°F/90°C-100°C.
- Slice it in 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick slices before serving.