Ingredients Needed for Parmesan Shortbread
1 cup flour
1 cup parmesan, shredded
2 ounces of butter
1 teaspoon dried oregano
How to Cook Parmesan Shortbread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Add the flour, parmesan, butter, and yolk in a mixer bowl. Mix the dough for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Turn the mixture onto your working space and knead the dough until smooth. Divide the dough in two balls. Roll each ball and shape it into a 3 inch (8 cm) stick.
- Spread foil on your working surface and use it to cover the dough. Make a knot at each end and make sure there isn’t any air inside the foil.
- Freeze the dough for the next 2 hours. When it’s ready, take it out and slice it in 0.4 inches (1 cm) thick slices.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the shortbreads and bake them for the next 15 minutes.