Pancetta, Mushroom, and Bean Stew
This dish is nutritious, hearty, and warming in a manner befitting a stew. Use pancetta, two types of mushrooms, and two types of beans to get an extra-filling protein-rich result. Flavor with parsley and bay leaves and enjoy.
Ingredients Needed for Pancetta, Mushroom, and Bean Stew
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, minced
2 medium carrots, chopped
1 cup wood ear mushrooms, minced
1 cup black trumpet mushrooms, minced
1 celery stick, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
7 ounces of pancetta, diced
1 cup canned red beans
1 cup canned white beans
1 cup water
2 teaspoons of tomato paste
4 bay leaves
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Pancetta, Mushroom, and Bean Stew
- Add the butter and olive oil to a saucepan over low heat. As the butter melts add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the carrots and the two types of mushrooms. Cook and stir for up to 1 minute.
- Add the celery, garlic, and pancetta. Stir them in, then cover with the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the red and white beans and the water. Stir in. Add the tomato paste, season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Add the bay leaves, cover with the lid and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the fresh parsley, stir in and remove from heat.