Ingredients Needed for Pan-Fried Trout With Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Celery Root
1 large sweet potato, cubed
1 celery root, cubed
1 chili, halved
3 garlic cloves
1/3 cup vegetable stock
1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
1-2 ounces butter
8 ounces trout fillet (4 skin-on pieces)
How to Cook Pan-Fried Trout With Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Celery Root
- Fill a pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil
- Add the sweet potato, celery root, chili, and garlic, season with salt, and boil for 25 minutes.
- Transfer the boiled veggies to a measuring cup. Add the vegetable stock, heavy cream, and butter, then mash everything. Season with salt and pepper, in the process, if needed.
- Heat 2-3 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add the fillets.
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper in the process.
- Serve the fillets warm with sweet potato mash.